Before you watch
Think about the title of the video:
While you watch
If you have time, just relax and listen once to get the general idea.
Next, listen again and answer these questions:
1. There is no reason to learn how to show you're paying attention if you are in fact:
a good actor ; paying attention ; not interested anyway
2. What does the speaker mean by "don't multitask"?:put down your mobile phone ; put away your car keys ; be present - don't be half in the conversation, and half out of it
3. When you're listening to somebody, stories and ideas might come into your head. You might even be bursting to tell them. What does the speaker recommend?:
shout them out ; remember them, and share them as soon as the other person stops talking ; let them come, and then let them go
4. The speaker recommends that, if you don't know ...:
pretend that you do know ; say that you don't know ; tell them to google it
5. As Buddha put it, if your mouth is open ...:
something might fly in there ; you're not learning ; your ears are closed
6. What are the 10 basic rules she mentions?
After you watch
What are the main ideas from the talk?
Make some questions - use the Question Grid to help you