BEFORE YOU LISTEN: Think about the title
- what does it mean?
- what do you think this audio will be about?
- what type of vocabulary might you hear?
A virtual judge hears litigants in a case before a Chinese "internet court" in Hangzhou, China.
Video screens show citizens taking part in an "internet court" system, based in Hangzhou, China.
A visitor walks past a mural displaying robots from Chinese robot maker Canbot - World Robot Conference
China's "internet court" system, based in Hangzhou, China, lets citizens communicate and receive court decisions by text or through major messaging services.
AFTER YOU LISTEN:
- what specific areas of law do the Internet courts deal with?
- how would Internet courts work in your country?
- What new phrases did you hear?